A door-related injury occurs every four minutes in the US. *Research shows that more than 600,000 injuries resulting from getting fingers caught in doors occurred between 1999 and 2008, leading to more than 67,000 amputations.
An additional 580,000 injuries were caused by impact with a door or hinge. Children suffer the most, with 41% of all injuries happening to those aged 4 and younger. Not only are these injuries painful and sometimes serious for the victim, they’re distressing to witness, especially when a child is involved. What’s more, businesses in both the public and private sectors are open to lawsuits from such accidents.
*Children Treated in United States Emergency Departments for Door-Related Injuries, 1999-2008
Fingershield™ door finger guards reduce your exposure to this liability and their installation is proof of your concern for the health and safety of the adults and children in your facility.
• Since 1999 over 2 million Fingershield™ door finger guards installed world-wide.
• Independently tested to 1.8 million opening and closing cycles – Learn More>
• Proven durability – we are proud to provide a 10 Year Warranty – Learn More>
• Certified for use with UL Classified Fire Doors & Frames rated up to 4 hours. UL File #R21618 – Learn More>
• Easy to install and maintain – See Installation Videos and Installation Instructions>
• Order by mid-day Monday – Friday (EST/EDT) for same-day shipping from our warehouse in Jacksonville, Florida – Learn More>
• Install a Happy Hands™ Door Stopper to include latch-side protection – Learn More>